Sunday, May 9, 2010

A little run


On Saturday I got to compete in my first 5K. I was pretty nervous the whole week before it since I had no idea what to expect, but it turned out to be pretty darn fun. I got to run alongside one of my favorite people in the world, my twin sister. Her daughter also ran, and she is 6! Way to go, girl! I pushed my own herd (children) in a rather formidable triple jogger. There was no missing us! Every time I passed someone, I wanted to shout, "Outta the way! Lady with a baby!" All that being said, I am already looking for another 5K to sign up for. I now know what to expect and can hardly wait to do it again. I loved that my close friends and neighbors were there with me along with my sister and niece and my own kiddos too! The only thing missing was Cory, but I already roped him into a 5K in October with me. Can't wait!

No comments: