Saturday, May 15, 2010

Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails -- that's what boys are made of!

My oldest son absolutely loves snails. He sees them and just has to bring them home. I mean, just has to, Mom! Sigh. He's been this way for several years. He even competes nation-wide (well, neighborhood-wide, anyway) in snail races. My across-the-street neighbor has THE perfect slide for such a race, by the way. As a result of this obsession, I am frequently finding snails in peculiar places. I went to put something in the trash can in the garage and turned around and there was one on the door frame right about eye level. Scooped up the little stow-away and deposited him outside where he belongs. I know you are asking yourself, "Why not put it in the trash?" Well, where do you think the little booger come from, hmm? Found one just yesterday in J's pocket of his shorts. Unfortunately, I found him by stepping on him. Yuck. Spent the next thirty minutes with rubber gloves scraping out the pocket. And then this evening I found yet another one. Right on my computer desk. Yep, this one managed to fly under the radar long enough to venture from the kitchen to my computer desk. Brave little Gary, isn't he? I sincerely hope he gets over this phase of snail love! After all, when he was 2 his favorite thing was to step on them.




Speaking of the little boy, I got a great pic of how he fell asleep! We were watching Animal Planet and he wanted "just a few more minutes" and before I knew it, I heard snoring from the floor. Here is how he passed out!! I'm pretty sure he gets this from his dad!


2 comments:

The Frisks said...

Love it. Too cute! The snails are in our house too and all over the patio.

Anonymous said...

I love it Baby can't wait to read more!!!