Sunday, May 23, 2010

Exciting Purchase

I made an exciting new purchase this weekend. Close your eyes and imagine gleaming white porcelain and shiny stainless steel. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Of course you are! A new toilet. Wait, that's not what you were thinking? Then you have not had the unpleasant experience of spending more than a few hours in my house. If you had, you would know that this purchase is a long time coming. I never thought I would be so thrilled to buy a potty. Our old toilet is a piece of crap. Pun intended. It is constantly running or overflowing or getting stopped up. I am done, done, done. So I took the serious responsibility of choosing a new one and ran with it. Did you know that Lowe's does not have the toilets placed on the ground level so that you can sit on them? How ridiculous is that? I mean, what exactly do you do with a toilet people? Ya sit on it! Don't be shy! Everyone has to do it. I was appalled to see that you cannot "test drive" it. I ended up picking one out based on the elongated base and flushing power. Here's hoping I picked a winner! My oldest is very much against this whole toilet changing event. He expressed his concern in a reasonable argument -- insert whiny voice here "Mom, I don't want a new potty. I like the one we have!" Which is odd since he is weirdly afraid of it. He has no issues using the toilet, mind you. He just won't flush it. Absolutely will not. He's afraid it will overflow and the house will flood. ('Cause you know I won't notice the large amount of water seeping out from under the bathroom door.) I tried explaining that the new toilet wouldn't do this, but his mind is set. So I expect to not see much of J while the new one is being installed tomorrow. Wish us luck that we will be flushing with glee tomorrow afternoon. If you see us floating by hanging onto the various parts of our house with J screaming "I told you so!" the whole way, well, I guess the boy was right!

4 comments:

The Frisks said...

Love the end, that's hilarious.

Amy said...

Bwah ahahaha!!! I laughed my way through this whole post. :D I can just picture the ending, too. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

This one is so funny!!! I love it baby. Love you and miss you so much.

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for the pictures - loved this one!

Nonnie