Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wazoo's


I woke up this morning and decided it felt like a Wazoo's day. Wazoo's is our local jump house. You know, one of those places where parents can take their kids to that has all those ginormous blow up thingys so the kids can expend their ginormous amounts of energy. I actually enjoy taking my kids here. No, I have not smoked any crack today nor am I currently drunk. I really do like it! I can let the baby down to play and the other kids can run wild and free like the animals they really are. I, however, do not leave them completely unsupervised. I usually check on them every ten minutes or so to make sure no has fallen down the rabbit hole or, even worse, pushed someone else's kid down the rabbit hole. But I noticed today that is not the "popular" thing to do. Today was apparently "Mom's Group" day at Wazoo's. I loathe "Mom's Groups". These women get together to share a play day because they all share a common interest -- they all have rambunctious little heathens that need social interaction. Normally I would say, "Hey, that's me!! Count me in!" But these women get together and all of a sudden, no one is responsible for their kids anymore! Hello!! Just because you can let your kids run freely does not mean you are no longer a parent. Please discipline your children accordingly. I do not want to see your bratty little girl directing who can and cannot go down the slide while you sip your mocha frappa-whatever while you download apps to your iphone. I actually caught an (approximately) 18 month old baby trying to stick a paper clip in an electrical outlet at one point. Where was mommy? She was chatting away, completely oblivious to her son. Ok, as a seasoned mommy, I can say we have all been there, done that. Kid got ahold of something he wasn't supposed to have and took off like a shot. But she didn't seem to care at all! I told her I took the paper clip away from him and she says, "Oh geez," and continues talking. Blink blink.

There was one lady who tried for 20 minutes to get her daughters out the door. She started out with "Hannah, let's go. Its time to leave." Then proceeds to change the baby's diaper, make a phone call, and get a drink. Next: "Hannah, I said let's go. Get your shoes on." Dawdle, dawdle, dawdle. "HANNAH! Shoes, now!" Lollygag, lollygag, lollygag. "HANNAH! If you don't get your shoes on now, I will leave you here." Note to self: Not a good threat. Look where you are lady! Hannah finally gets her shoes on and what does mommy do? Goes back into the main jump area to talk again. Of course, Hannah is back on one of the jumpers by now and I'll tell ya, I betcha Hannah is not going back there anytime soon.

A very pregnant woman was trying to get her little boy to leave and he is tuckered out, ready for a nap and hungry. Which always equals meltdowns. She screaming his name over and over trying to get him to cooperate.
"Jackson! Let's go!"
"Jackson, shoes on!"
"Jackson, get your juice cup!"
"Jackson, I said hurry up, Desperate Housewives is coming on soon!" (Just kidding! :P)
I walk out behind her and I say to my own son, "Jackson, grab the door for me, please." She looks down at him and then up at me and says, "His name is Jackson?" I say, "Yep." She says, "Oh," and points to her son, "he's a Jackson too." REALLY??? I would have never guessed. :/

3 comments:

The Frisks said...

The last part is hilarious. Don't you love it when people say or do silly things.

Jo Ann said...

I see that here at our park across the street. The whole parents not watching their kids. I think we are the only ones that actually watch their kids play and interact with each other at the same time.

Amy said...

:D I love that you posted this. I have been the mom you described (go get your shoes, etc) before.