Sunday, May 2, 2010

Paris and presidents

J and I were watching TV this evening and they were showing fast shots of different places around the world. (I would like to say that we were watching something educational and enlightening, but the God's honest truth is that we were feeding my addiction for reality TV and indulging in "The Amazing Race", of which I have never missed a season!) Anywho, J says "Look, there's Paris. I love Paris." (Cause he's been sooo many times! *insert eyeroll*) So I rewind the show (Don't judge me about my DVR!) and I'll be a monkey's uncle, there's the Eiffel Tower. Way to go buddy! On the way out of the house this morning he says, "Mom, guess who's on my dollar?" I ask him who and he says "George Washington." (Cory taught him this several months back.) Excellent job, kiddo! He then asks, "Whose face is on the quarter?" I say, "Our buddy, George." Next: "Whose face is on the nickel?" Blink. Blink. "Umm, I think its Thomas Jefferson. Yeah, I know it is. I think. I'm sure. I think I'm right. We'll google it buddy." Oops. Dropped the ball on that one. But I can tell you now that my kid won't be one of those you see on the yahoo homepage about how America's kids are so stupid they can't identify the president in a line up. Of course, that being said, as soon as we "finished" our discussion about presidential mugs J asks me, "Where does George Washington live?" Next homeschool lesson: Dead presidents. ;)

No comments: