Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lucky number nine


Soooo, I have been running a few months now. Just got serious about it last month when I did the 5K. While I was getting ready for that I was running a whole bunch. Tapered off a bit after the race and concentrated on other things -- like life! Anyway, I've been feeling the itch again. Got up Monday morning and went for a little jog with my little man and the neighbor. Did some sprints (uphill, thankyouverymuch!) and it was nice. So I decide to get on the treadmill and see how fast I can do one mile today. Nine minutes!! Nine freakin' minutes! PR! (That's short for "personal record" for those of you not in the know!) Go me, go me, go me! *Doin' the embarrassing booty shake* Woosh! What was that, you say? That was me, running circles around you. Oh yes I did.

OK, enough already. Some of you may be saying, "Wow, nine minutes. I can WALK a mile faster than that!" Well, those of you who are saying that can go find another blog right now because this one is about me. ;) But seriously, what the crap are you people thinking? Yep, those ones out there that run nine minute miles and those that do it faster? I wanted to die! I got off the treadmill and drug my limp-noodle body to the kitchen floor and proceeded to drink a half a gallon of water. And my legs are sore now! I don't know how you guys keep it up. And the worst thing of all? There's no going back now, as my illustrious sister pointed out today. Once you cross that mark, you can't go back. Its not the way it works. But, alas, I have no one to blame but myself. I was perfectly happy puttering along at my 12 minute mile, then an 11 minute mile. Now I've gone and done it. I did see a pretty awesome t-shirt today that really was my mind-frame this morning. It said "In my mind, I'm Kenyan" And today I was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great baby keep up the great work. Keep pushing it and soon you will be faster than me. Have a great day!!! Love you and miss you. Your Hubby

The Frisks said...

Woo Hoo, Just know, I'll never be there.

Anonymous said...

Power to ya girl!! Never in my life will I do that. Good job!!
Always, Kristine