Friday, December 31, 2010

Party like its 1999!

Ah, another year comes to a close tonight. I can hardly believe 2010 is over. I feel certain it just began yesterday. Now here we are preparing the black-eyed peas for New Year's Day. Sigh. They pass by so quickly now. I remember being a kid and a year lasting waaaay longer. Like, 12 months or something. Not now. Its more like the blink of an eye. My kids are growing faster than I can keep up with and I've got more gray hair than any 30 year old woman should have. Can someone stop the clock, please?!?! My sister-in-law just had a brand new baby 2 days ago. My sister-in-law who was a pre-teen when I got married, is a mom now. Sigh. I feel ancient. What must my parents feel like??? One foot in the grave? Alas, this is the way it works. And, as always, I will make my New Year's resolution -- first off, no New Year's resolution. Secondly, nix the first plan and swear off sugar and carbs. Thirdly, exercise times ten. And last, but cetainly not least, spend more time watching my kids grow up. Most of these never take root after a good solid effort. Hopefully the last stays around all year.

No comments: