Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

Once again, life has gotten in the way of blogging. I kept meaning to sit down and just type a quick little something, but it has been pushed to the back burner every time. We have been so busy lately that I feel like a dog chasing its tail. Neverending! But we are on the road to getting moved out and moved on. We haven't moved in almost 5 years and I forgot how difficult it really is. On the one had, I've never had three kids and no husband to help when we've moved. On the other hand, I was given a pretty much unlimited amount of time to get this ball rolling, so that's been nice. I went to schedule the movers today and I had all three kids with me (cause that's how I roll!) and I was trying to keep them in one little segregated area while we were waiting our turn. S stood right in front of the man behind us while he was trying to do something so I asked her to move and excuse herself. He said, "Oh, no ma'am. You're the one in here with three kids. I applaud you. I will stay out of your way." Blink. Blink. Now, I'm used to the dirty looks and considerable stares of people who are inevitably annoyed by my children when we are in any sort of line, such as post offices, grocery stores or liquor store. ;) Anyway, it was a nice surprise to hear someone actually say they admired me. Why, little ole' me?? Of course, it could have been that he was scared I would ask for help, so he put the kabash on that real quick. Either way, it was nice to not want to slap someone for throwing around nasty stares!

No comments: