Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tubes

It looks as though my littlest one will need tubes put in his ears. He keeps getting ear infections and they are recommending that he sees an ENT doc to talk about tubes. Most of the doctors we have seen believe its inevitable. This is new territory for me. My other children and been very lucky regarding ear infections and we've had no issues to speak of. Now comes along N with his defective set of ears. :( Poor little dude. I'm a bit nervous about the process, but who wouldn't be? But the outcome will be well worth it -- no more ear infections and a happy baby. Sigh. I dream of it already. He really is such a sweet little guy when he's not hurting so I can only imagine what he'll be like once he's not in constant pain. Just this evening we were playing on the chair together before bed time and he was playing rough and trying to bat my glasses off my face. I told him, "Gentle," and brushed his fingers over my face. When he decided to be rough again, I said, "Show Mommy gentle." And he did, by golly. He brushed his little fingers over my face just like I showed him. I'm pretty sure he's the smartest boy on the planet. He'll be curing cancer tomorrow, I'm certain. Eh, I'll settle for a cure for chronic ear infections.

No comments: